Little Green Crafts shares eco friendly kids’ art and craft activity ideas, as well as ideas to encourage your child to engage in nature play and unstructured play on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest.
The art and craft activity ideas we share use natural, recycled/recyclable and/or sustainable materials such as:
- plants, leaves, flowers, pine cones, gum nuts, seed pods, sticks, rocks/pebbles/stones, shells, feathers, fruit and vegetables
- paper, newspaper, cardboard, cardboard boxes and tubes, egg cartons
- tin cans, glass and plastic bottles, bottle tops/lids, corks
- cotton pipe cleaners and ribbon
- wooden beads, buttons, craft sticks and pegs
- wool/yarn and wool felt
We also have recipes to make your own natural paint and play dough.
Photo credits: Red Ted Art, A crafty living, Buggy and buddy, Easy peasy and fun, Hart and sew, Create kids couture, The pinterested parent, Happiness is handmade, Sew fantastic, The magic onions, Kids steam lab, Craftulate
Please head on over to our Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest pages, and see what you can find for your child that will stimulate their imagination and creativity, support them in their development, give them hours of fun, and be good for the environment, all at the same time!